Tuesday, 30 August 2011

MIS-QUOTE

http://www.crisperanto.org/gallery/JosephMulligan.html


I came across this quote yesterday by Quentin Crisp (I don't know - gay icon and writer according to Wiki)

Anyway, he said 'fashion is what you adopt when you don’t know who you are'.

I very much resent that.

There are many things I adopt because I don't know who I am.

I thought it might be helpful to compile a list.

In no particular order: my Blackbery, social media in general and a worrying addiction to the internet. Writing, a desperate need for approval, a compulsive need to spend money, drinking, eating, dieting, self-help, that friend I don't like anymore but still see so she doesn't say bad things about me behind my back and a fear of missing out on things I have no interest in anyway...

So you see, Quentin (well you're dead now so it's unlikely you care), fashion BARELY scratches the surface.

P.S This is sort of unrelated but when I walked out the office last night, I had this rather overwhelming urge to shop - how come I never feel that way about exercise? Life is so weird like that.

No comments: