Tuesday, 12 July 2011

FASHION FIX


I admit I am lagging on the blogging.

I have an amazing ability to start thing with great enthusiasm and then. Stop. Is this human nature, pure laziness or ADD?

I once saw a fortune teller who told me I am someone who starts projects and then delegates and that I should be proud to do so.

Admittedly, this was at a nightclub in Las Vegas so it's entirely possible she said something else completely.

Anyhoo, with less than two weeks to go before my holiday, I am back on my Dukan diet.

So after food replaced fashion for a while, fashion now is replacing food again.

It's not so much that I am hungry. It's more that after planning my life around meal times, snack times, binge times and booze times, there suddenly seems like an awful lot of time.

Thank goodness for Couture week.

There are only three shows, in my opinion, worth boring you with. No1 is by far and away my favourite - Elie Saab.

To quote the weirdo in Pretty Woman, 'everyone who comes to Hollywood has a dream, what's your dream?'

My dream is to own an Elie Saab Couture gown.

No one actually knows how much these works of art cost. A friend of mine went to visit the Paris boutique and was told the most simple of wedding dresses starts at $50,000.

One can only imagine the horror of the price tag for an intricately beaded dress.

But I am a believer in the motto 'ask and ye shall receive' so I'm hanging in there (and have bought a lottery ticket every week since the jackpot was announced at around £36m, that should be enough for a dress or two.)

So, look at the goods and tell me you are not up for auctioning off your soul to the highest bidder in exchange for an Elie Saab.

 


No2 is Givenchy, have new respect for Riccardo Tisci and hope, hope, hope he is the new man at Dior when they announce a successor in September.


And finally, my favourite dresses at Valentino.



No comments: