Thursday, 14 April 2011

THAT 70'S SHOW



It is my belief that every season, designers get together in the fashion boardroom and come up with new trends they know are gross but unveil anyway just for fun. Just to see how many idiots will fall for it.

The latest one is the Seventies revival.

The other day for instance, I left the house wearing a black maxi skirt, black roll neck and skinny belt KNOWING full well I looked like an extra from an episode of The Brady Bunch meets The Adams Family.

Why? Because I am one of those idiots.

But it's ok, thankfully I'm in good company. Gwyn P is also under the same spell.

Wearing a Stella McCartney A-line skirt, she may look bang on trend and kind of cute if you don't concentrate on her outfit for longer than a millisecond.

But on closer inspection, it's not so flattering and would actually make a great shot for those heinous little fashion catalogues they stuff through your mailbox.

I'm just saying.

P.S: People magazine voted Jennifer Lopez the 'most beautiful woman in the world'. Ok, whatever, clearly they went for the 'approachable, relatable, look-even-celebrities-have-big-bums' option. I vote for Jen An. Might not 'technically' be as beautiful as other Hollywood heavyweights, but I LOVE her. Look, she's on the latest cover of Red magazine and still looks ar-mazing!




No comments: