Wednesday, 23 March 2011

TAYLOR MADE


I'm not sad that Elizabeth Taylor died today.

I think hers is a life worth celebrating and I hope to have lived mine to the full the way she did. But with maybe a lot less husbands. Like maybe just one.

Sooo I am doing two things this weekend: watching her movies AND buying a turban.

She was such an icon, here are some of my fashion faves:

Waist not, want not

The girl could rock a leopard print

...and a turban
For the next costume party...
Earning her stripes
Amazing legs




Retro Seventies, when it was just Seventies
I hang out at home dressed like this ALL the time...I wish
Who did she love more? Burton or the diamond? Tough call

She will be remembered for her:

Wise words: 'Big girls need big diamonds.'

Refreshing honesty: 'If someone's dumb enough to offer me a million dollars to make a picture, I'm certainly not dumb enough to turn it down.'

Fidelity: 'I've only slept with men I've been married to. How many women can make that claim?'

Fearlessness: 'I feel very adventurous. There are so many doors to be opened, and I'm not afraid to look behind them.'

Good luck on your next journey...Ok *snif sniff* I'm a little sad...

P.S: Gisele's campaign for H&M was apparently too racy for Dubai, who decided to Photoshop the images to create a more modest look. I think we are missing the point here. Surely the real issue is the jumpsuit. If it looks so unflattering on a supermodel, what hope is there for the rest of us?!


No comments: