Wednesday, 2 March 2011

DRESS CODE RED


So it was husband's birthday on Monday night.

And being the adorable wife that I am, treated him to dinner at the new restaurant by Heston Blumenthal at the Mandarin Oriental.

It's called Dinner - they really pushed the boat out with the name on this one.

When you call the booking line, there is some recorded message that says the restaurant is full until June and not taking bookings until May.

Yeah. Bloody. Right.

One phone call to my most hooked-up friend and I bagged myself an 8pm reservation. Thank you MT!!

It very much irritates me when restaurants lie and say they are at capacity only to find like three empty tables once you get there.

Unfortunately, this is not a food blog so I won't go into detail about my experience, though it may one day become one if I ever get uber fat and swear off fashion forever.

Anyway, for the occasion, I donned my no1 LBD and highest of heels - and was tres disappointed to find everyone so casual, I felt like a bit of a plonker.

Theatres, airports and restaurants were all a great excuse to make an effort once apon a time.

Why doesn't anyone get dressed up anymore?! Grrrrrr.

P.S Even designer Alice Temperley couldn't be bothered to follow protocol when she picked up her MBE from the Queen.Tut tut.

No comments: