Monday, 7 February 2011

LOVE IS... A PAIR OF J BRANDS



It's Valentine's Day in a week and falling on a Monday this year. Boo!

The day where all I want to do is come home and pass out from exhaustion.

So husband and I have decided to do something quite different - not much at all.

Having spent four of them together, I have learned a valuable lesson: Valentine's Day is exactly like New Year's Eve. The more effort you make and the more gimmicky it  is, the worse it turns out.

I've always had a bit of an OCD when it comes to the 14th February (and life in general tbh), getting over-excited and buckling under the pressure and weight of my expectations.

Being a neurotic perfectionist does not help.

But now that we are married, I no longer need proof of his affection anymore. He is legally obliged to love me until he dies! (Mouaaahaahaaa)

Plus, I am channeling all my energy into our new flat and don't have the brain cells to tackle anything new. 

So this year, we are going to a local Italian restaurant we walk past all the time but never have time to try.

As for presents, I am so over those too - well not gifts in general, I'm not clinically insane, just the lovey-dovey surprise kind.

Instead, I got a pair of ah-mazing Agnes J Brand khaki pants that fit like a dream and that I heart mucho.

In return, I bought husband  a ticket to go watch Liverpool beat Chelsea yesterday.

Fashion and football - the two loves of our lives (other than each other of course) - what could be more romantic than that?

P.S I do however draw the line at flowers, they are essential and compulsory (ahem)
P.P.S I love Peonies (ahem, ahem)



No comments: