Monday, 28 February 2011

ACADEMY BLA-WARDS




The Oscars are the one night where there is no such thing as too much.

That said, I was molto disappointed this year.

It wasn't that anyone looked bad, more that I didn't go wow. Not even once. Not even at Mila Kunis wearing my favourite Elie Saab dress from the couture collection.. She needed more bling, more jazz, more fanfare..just more.




Natalie Portman in Rodarte. Followed all the rules, did no wrong looked cute with the bump. Zzzzzzzzzz.



Halle Berry in Marchesa. Everyone's best dressed. Bit too here-comes-the-bride for me.

Gwyneth. Looked stunning in Calvin Klein but was more Grammy's than Oscars.


Cate Blanchett in Givenchy is turning out to be the Marmite of the event - either loved or hated. It works but is slightly TOO young and is it me or does she look identical to January Jones?
Penelope Cruz in L'Wren Scott. Post-baby figure looks amaze, but seriously, you just had a child. Put em away love!




Amy Adams in L'Wren Scott . Opposite problem. Was expecting great things from her. Love the slit at the back and the fab colour, not into the high neckline.


Nicole Kidman in Dior. Have just given up on her entirely.


Scarlett Johanson in D&G. No.

Sandra Bullock in Vera Wang. Nice enough dress but could have done with hair down or bling to freshen things up.


Anne Hathaway in Valentino. Red strapless on the red carpet. Original


Hilary Swank in Gucci. Ok, whatever.

Celine Dion in Armani, who looks like she has been wrapped in jelly and is about to be mummfied.


Helen Mirren in Viv Westwood. Just love her and wish she was my grandmother, my boss or my great aunt.



Florence Welsh in vintage Valentino. Some girls are cool no matter what they wear cos they just don't care.


I thought Matthew McConaughey's other half Camila Alves looked rather fab in Kaufman Franco.


Which brings us on to Reese Witherspoon. Simple, elegant, monochrome Armani. Have no explanation for this, and yet, for some reason, she is my favourite of the night.



P.S Kate Beckinsale was my best dressed at the Vanity Fair after party


P.P.S If it were me, and I had my pick these would be my two options. A girl can dream....

This Elie Saab
 or this Elie Saab
+ these blinging things (Sigh, palpitations, hissy fit to husband)




2 comments:

prettyfashionforward said...

i agree with everything but my beloved Givenchy dress! hahahaha... wasn't reese witherspoon too southern gal though? I hated the extensions! hahahaha... I'm glad it wasn't just me trying hard to find something to impress me...

xoxo

Mrs M said...

yes you're probably right but I thought the Barbie hair kept it looking young! I miss u!!!