Monday, 10 January 2011

WELL-HEELED


I was feeling a little blue one day in Dubai last week.
 
Maybe it was alcohol poisoning or maybe I just had so much to eat, the sheer weight of my body was dragging me down.

Either way, there's nothing like getting dressed up to lift my mood.

My sister-in-law and I went to the supermarket (yes, to buy more food) and she, husband and the cat were in hysterics when they saw me come down the stairs in Jimmy Choo stilettos.

Apparently not even excessive, ostentatious and nothing-counts-but-your-shoes-and-handbag Dubai is ready to see a lady don her highest to buy groceries.

So you can imagine my delight when I saw this pic of uber casual SJP dressing up her outfit in boot-iful Manolo Blahniks.

Sometimes, a girl just needs to wear high heels, whatever the occasion.

And when that girl is only 5ft2, sometimes is more often than not.

Amen.

P.S. On that note, it's either that or sporting these heinous Nikes. Even I draw the line there.



P.P.S.  Victoria's Secret girls on cover of GQ. One. Two. Three. Four. Cue depression.




No comments: