Monday, 17 January 2011

QUEEN ANNE

Golden Globes last night. Quel excitement!

Tres sad I missed the red carpet on TV, but hard-working me needs beauty sleep for those ghastly 630 am wake-ups.

As soon as I opened my eyes this morning however, I grabbed my crackberry for Twitter details and screamed out the winners to husband, who was delighted to be woken up, naturally.

Congratulations to Colin Firth (recent entry on my laminated list) for his win on the King's Speech, I really hope he takes the Oscar home... especially after he said of his wife, Livia, 'I can cope with anything if I have her.' Awwww.

Ok, crap aside. Now for the gown lowdown: I don't want to be bitchy so I won't dwell too much on the misses: Christina Aguilera in Zuhair Murad, Catherine Zeta-Jones in Monique Lhuillier ( the Chateau de Versailles are looking for their curtains) Natalie Portman in Viktor & Rolf (stiff hair ruined the outfit) and Halle Berry in Nina Ricci. WTF?!





But my biggest disappointment was definitely January Jones who despite having perfect hair, revealed too much flesh in Versace. The demure Betty Draper would never approve and frankly, neither do I. Tut tut.

Yes, Angelina looked her usual stunning self and kudos to her for shying away from black this time but it still wasn't enough of a break from the norm to stand out, in my opinion.


Olivia Wilde was the viewer's choice in Marchesa with everyone rating the princess look. I liked it, but it wasn't my favourite. Great Loubs though.



However, the two looks I LOVE LOVE LOVED were Anne Hathaway who blew me away in a backless Armani Prive and Black Swan star Mila Kunis in green Vera Wang, which FYI is the colour of the year.


 
P.S I have to say, I really do love Helena Bonham Carter. She's a great actress and never takes herself too seriously. Great move with the mismatched shoes.

No comments: