Friday, 14 January 2011

BOY MEETS GIRL


While I'm a massive part-time Gossip Girl fan, I'm definitely camp Serena and don't really understand what the fuss is about with Blair.

The block colour, matchy matchy outfits are so bla and pale in comparison to the cascading blonde hair, voluptuous figure and rocking threads sported by Miss Van der Woodsen. Sigh.

But men's suits for women have made a massive comeback, and out of all the red carpet versions, Leighton's is by far my favourite.

Not adventurous enough to try the look myself as I am sure I will be more Charlie Chaplin than YSL Smoking but I recently watched Going the Distance and stepped in love with Drew Barrymore's bow-tie choker. 

The question is, can I actually get away with this either? Probably not. 

But a great alternative is a fabulous pair of high-waisted black trousers (I've had my Max Mara ones since 2003 and they still look brand new - prob cos I hardly wear them) and a lace body, like this La Perla one I spotted on Net-a-Porter:

Just add pearls and red lipstick. 

Suits you sir...



P.S Random note. Watched Benjamin Button again the other day, always makes me cry *sniff sniff*


No comments: