Thursday, 13 January 2011

AGE CONCERN


I remember when knowledge was a beautiful thing, when older women were looked up to for their wisdom and life experience.

So I find myself getting mucho angry when I see the industry (loose term for fashion, celebs and all that stuff I love) continuously taking its cue from children.

Like Madonna explaining why she chose her daughter to head up her new fashion line: 'She's been to enough photo sessions, video shoots and seen me put my tours together to have developed a great eye.

'She's also worked in the wardrobe department on some of my tours.'

Yes, but she's 13. And therefore chose Taylor 'racoon face, little Jenny' Momsem as the face of the label. Eww.

It's kind of a bad sign that 13 has become a completely acceptable age to start a career.

Then by the time you hit 25, you're old, over, a has-been - you're basically Britney Spears.

Or you're 50, acting ten and look so plastic no one can tell if you're 50 or ten.

It just adds a whole new dimension of ridiculousness that makes me think, no wonder some people can't take fashion seriously.

So on that note, here is my quick ode to some veteran icons:

Coco Chanel: For sure, the most elegant woman that ever lived
Here's to you Mrs Robinson: Anne Bancroft is the ultimate MILF and can rock a stocking
Diane Keaton: Love, love, love her

Goldie Hawn: Still has fabulous hair. Respect.





Vivienne Westwood: Total nutter but creative genius

P.S Tom Hanks' 21-year-old son Chester 'Chet' Hanks is rap star. Ha Ha.

No comments: