Tuesday, 21 December 2010

SCENTS AND INSENSIBILITY


To distract myself from new flat OCD last night, I put my Elle Decor down and switched the TV on.

Was very amused by Justin Timberlake acting moronic for new ad.

JT runs up the Eiffel Tower in a bowler hat with unsuspecting blonde.

THEN he makes the city lights dance - all via remote control.

This is to advertise 'Play'  - as in forward, rewind, PLAY (well, they are geniuses over at Givenchy.)

Seriously, what is going on with perfume and celebrities these days?!

Please watch Guy Ritchie's ad starring Jude Law for Dior Homme (or maybe don't, it's five minutes you'll NEVER get back)



And then there's Ryan Reynolds for Hugo Boss. Why? 

And Matthew McConaughey for Dolce & Gabanna. Was hot circa How to lose a Guy, should have been put to sleep circa Failure to Launch.

Don't even get me started on the Beckhams.

The list goes on but I will summarize for you, these ads all have one thing in common: they're shit.

Think I'll go back to my Elle Decor now.

P.S Chloe Sevigny on style: 'I'm glad I grew up during the last vestige of cool, in the Nineties, when everything wasn't blogged and on the Interwebs, when things were more on the downlow and underground.

'I guess I am stylish, but I would rather have people come up and say "I really liked your performance in this or that" than I really like the way you dress'. That irks me.'

Year, irks me too.

Anyone know what Chloe's actually starred in? Love her dress though.



P.P.S Have found the perfect present for the dumb blonde in your life. Oscar Wild clutch bag by Kate Spade.

To the outside world, she appears to be able to read.

To her, she has a cute purse to store her lipsticks and things in.

Everyone's a winner.

No comments: