Tuesday, 31 August 2010

NAIL IT

I have always been opposed to overgrown Cruella De Ville-type nails and pride myself on the neat short-and-squ-oval look....but now deep in the throws of a passionate affair with everything Mad Men, I can't take my eyes off the pillar box red and candy pink long talons of Betty Draper and Co... Am also thrilled the style has caught on, as a quick Google search informs me a Mad Men nail polish range is due out soon in the U.S. But no need to skip across the pond, any shade will do. Just sit back, relax and grow....

N.B. If you are not into the retro thing or don't watch Mad Men (blasphemy), then I have found the perfect 'summer/autumn/winter in one day' colour. Bored of coral, not ready for vamp and can't bring myself to apply Chanel's (fashion overkill) mint Nouvelle Vague, I have thankfully discovered a hidden gem. Essie's chinchilly is a pretty pale grey and works like a charm for in-between September season....


Now, onto serious matters...How to get my hands on dapper Don Draper...?

No comments: