Monday, 13 September 2010

FASHION FORD


Tom Ford's first womenswear collection was unveiled yesterday in New York. The designer broke with tradition and BANNED photographers which is terrible news as was very very looking forward to seeing the mannish tailoring (trend alert) as modelled by Beyonce BTW - pretty effing cool. Mere mortals will have to wait til Jan (when the goods hit stores) for a peek. Thinking of investing in a pair of his fabulous glasses while I wait. Meanwhile, here is an interesting quote I found in Interview magazine. He said: 'I think people who are attracted to the fashion industry are people who are really insecure and looking for a certain identity. I think that’s initially how people are attracted to it.' Gee. Thanks, Tom. Like I needed reminding.

P.S One show that did have plenty of coverage was Zac Posen's diffusion line Z Spoke. Am loving the funky, fruity t-shirts I spied on Vogue. PERFECT for keeping motivated during my week of detox to retox...Wonder if they count as part of my five a day?

No comments: